Is it really possible that DIET can improve EYESIGHT?
If you are using specs to read, write, or to have a better vision that means you have weak eyesight. Many among us even at the child age are using specs or having weak eyesight. There are a lot of reasons for this, but the question is whether we follow a diet to improve eyesight or not? I’ll tell you about the nutrients you can add to your diet to improve eyesight. But, first of all, we have to know the reasons for weak eyesight.
Top Reasons for Weak Eyesight
- Lack of Nutrients in a meal at child age.
- Watching TV, Computer Screen or any digital display for a longer period of time.
- Improper way of reading.
- Stress, Anxiety, Lack of Sleep and Depression.
- Excessive UV rays exposure.
- Any accident or Head injury.
These above are some of the reasons for weak eyesight. The age effect is a separate reason for weaker eyesight. So keep checking your eyesight every six months. One thing is clear that no food or medicine can permanently heal your eyesight except for any kind of operation. Well, I’m here to talk about how to improve your eyesight or how to prevent weakness with the right amount of nutrition.
There are 2 major nutrients that are missing in our daily food which are Lutein (almost 10mg per day) and Zeaxanthin (almost 2 mg per day). There are other nutrients like Vitamin A, C, K, and E, Zinc, Omega 3 fatty acids, etc. that also helps in improving eyesight.
What to Eat for Better Eyesight?
- SPINACH (contains Lutein and Zeaxanthin)
- BROCCOLI (contains Vitamin C and K, Lutein and Zeaxanthin)
- KALE (contains Lutein and Zeaxanthin) (difficult to find in Indian market)
- Carrots Juice or Raw Carrots
- Strawberries (mostly available in winters only)
- Nuts and Seeds
You can add these foods in your daily diet, so you can maintain a better vision and eyesight. Firstly, consult an eye specialist or doctor to know about your eyesight. If you want a proper diet plan, please comment below. Also, there is a piece of valuable information on the ketogenic diet is available on our website.